HR Content Subject Matter Expert
This year, Imagine Canada, together with a number of partners, is updating and relaunching a collection of resources from the former HR Council for the Voluntary and Non-Profit Sector, including assets from the former HRCouncil.ca website (retired in 2018).
These resources will help managers, employees, and board members at small to medium-sized nonprofit organizations across Canada better understand, address, and manage HR issues. The resources will be accessible online free of charge and will cover a wide range of topics, including: Compensation & Benefits; Diversity, Equity and Inclusion and Anti-Racism/Anti-Oppression; HR Policies & Employment Legislation; HR Strategy & Planning; Learning, Training, and Development; Recruitment and Retention.
As part of this initiative, Imagine Canada is seeking volunteers to serve as HR Content Subject Matter Experts. As a volunteer HR Content Subject Matter Expert, you will play a critical part in the success of this initiative through the following:
- Lead the review and editing of draft HR resources, ensuring that content reflects subject matter expertise and best practices.
- Help identify relevant external content to which the site could be linked.
- Help guide the prioritization and organization of existing topics and content to ensure it is easily navigable and usable for content users.
- Help identify new topics and content related to the HR needs and challenges in the nonprofit sector.
- Post-secondary education in a relevant field with at least three years of demonstrated experience in HR at a professional level.
- CHRL or CPHR/CRHA designations preferred.
- Advanced knowledge (subject matter expertise) of one or more of the following HR disciplines/specialties: Compensation & Benefits; Diversity, Equity and Inclusion and Anti-Racism/Anti-Oppression; HR Policies & Employment Legislation; HR Strategy & Planning; Learning, Training and Development; Recruitment and Retention.
- Strong communication skills, particularly in writing, with an ability to communicate complex topics and information to broad audiences in a practical manner.
- Sharp attention to detail and time management skills.
- Ability to collaborate effectively using virtual productivity tools and software (e.g. Google Suite).
- Strong capacity for research, analysis, and synthesis of detailed information.
- Understanding of the environment in which Canadian nonprofits operate and appreciation of the diversity of Canada’s charitable and nonprofit sector.
- Hours: Flexible, with a minimum commitment of 5 hours per week for up to two (2) months.
- Location: Anywhere in Canada. A stable internet connection is required.
- Deadline to apply: June 18, 2021 at 5pm EST
We invite you to send us your resume and a brief statement expressing your interest in the volunteer opportunity, including area(s) of subject matter expertise, to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line “HR Content Subject Matter Expert”.
We thank all interested applicants; however, only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Imagine Canada, as a national organization representing a diverse nonprofit sector, has embarked on an anti-racism organizational change process and is committed to diversifying its team. We particularly encourage applications from Black people, Indigenous people, and people of colour, people with disabilities, members of the LGBTQ2+ community, and those with varied areas of expertise and lived experiences. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.