Assistant, Content Management
Imagine Canada is a national, bilingual charity that works with and on behalf of Canada's charities, nonprofits, and social entrepreneurs to create an operating environment in which social good can thrive. We believe in a stronger Canada where charities work together, alongside business and government, to build vibrant communities.
The Assistant, Content Management will support data management and database content creation for Grant Connect, Imagine Canada’s fundraising platform. Grant Connect helps social organizations access funding to support and transform their communities. Our data and content team discovers and curates information that enables charities to find funding for their work. This position is ideal for a recent graduate or young professional looking to gain content and data management experience in the nonprofit and/or technology sectors.
Reporting to the Manager, Digital Product, the Assistant, Content Management will:
- Support Imagine Canada’s data management assistant and data analyst in the auditing and quality control of thousands of funder, charity, and gift records in Grant Connect.
- Edit, update, and add funding opportunities to the database.
- Collaborate with the data management assistant, data analyst, and digital product manager on solutions for improving the data management process.
- Assist with identifying new funding prospects that will be relevant to our subscribers.
- Assist with occasional writing and editing of Grant Connect newsletter content.
- A passion for content organization and data hygiene.
- Knowledge, experience, and/or interest in fundraising and the non-profit sector.
- Advanced knowledge of data management tools like Excel and Google Sheets, and comfort with content management systems, with an ability to quickly master new technologies.
- Detail-oriented and conscientious with a proven ability to deliver timely, high-quality results.
- Excellent writing and editing skills (you’re the type of person who copy edits their text messages)
- Self-sufficient, self-motivated, self-aware, trustworthy, and accountable.
- Resourceful and determined team player with a positive work ethic.
- Professional and astute, but also personable, approachable, and easy to work with.
- Working knowledge of French preferred but not required.
- A keen eye for extracting relevant information from large and/or multitudinous sources.
- Be part of a growing national organization in a collegial environment with a smart group of dedicated staff and volunteers.
- Attractive compensation package that encompasses a competitive salary and generous benefits.
- Opportunity to engage with a variety of thought leaders from charities and nonprofits across the country collectively working toward common goals.
- Opportunity to learn leading practices and emerging trends in the charitable sector.
- Leadership is forward-thinking, entrepreneurial, and supportive operating in an environment of integrity and collective commitment to achieving long-term goals.
Imagine Canada offers meaningful opportunities to make an impact in Canadian communities. We are committed to fostering a culture that exemplifies our employee values:
- Collaborative: We believe different perspectives create great things.
- Integrity: We are principled professionals who embrace trust and honesty.
- Levity: We take our work seriously and fuel it with moments of joy and good humour.
- Creativity: We create using our resourcefulness, ingenuity, and imagination.
- Candour: We communicate with a truthful and sincere frankness.
- Remarkable: We produce quality work that turns heads.
- Terms of Employment: Full time (35 hr/week) / Contract (12 months)
- Location: Anywhere in Canada. A stable internet connection is required; Imagine Canada’s workforce is distributed by default, though we currently maintain physical workspace in Toronto and Montreal.
- Annual Salary Range: $38,500 to $42,400, plus health/dental benefits + Group RSP
- Applications accepted until position is filled.
- Supervision: Weekly training and supervision by the data management assistant, data analyst and digital product manager.
Send your resume and answers to the three questions below to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 30, 2021, using the subject line “Content management assistant”:
- What interests you in this role?
- Why are you a good fit for this role?
- What’s your favourite content or data management-related tool and why?
No faxes or phone calls, please. We thank all interested applicants; however, only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Imagine Canada, as a national organization representing a diverse sector, has embarked on an anti-racism organizational change process and is committed to diversifying its team. We particularly encourage applications from Black people, Indigenous people, and people of colour, people with disabilities, members of the LGBTQ2+ community and those with varied areas of expertise and lived experiences. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Feel like you can’t tick all the boxes above? If you have some of the skills and experience that we’re looking for and are willing to use your talent to learn the rest, we encourage you to apply!