The Caring Company program is Canada’s premier public expression of recognition in leadership and excellence in community investment. Caring Companies contribute a minimum of 1% of their pre-tax profits to the communities where their employees live and work. They lead by example and set the standard for corporate giving in Canada.
New 2017 Study
In A Canadian Opportunity we take stock of community investment within the Canadian context and explore the employee engagement and corporate giving strategies of leading companies.
The study profiles data from 56 Imagine Canada Caring Companies and LBG Canada companies. In 2016, these leading businesses invested $468 million with an average contribution to charities of 2.5 per cent of pre-tax profits.
Download your free copy
Learn more about Corporate Philanthropy and Community Investment
- CECP Giving in Numbers [PDF] - An international study of 2016 corporate giving and employee engagement data from the world's largest companies
- Corporate Community Investment in Canada: A Profile of the Profession [PDF] - A companion piece to Imagine Canada's study that looks at the individuals behind the giving trends in Canada
- ACCP: The Benchmarking Report [PDF] - An international study of 2016 corporate citizenship benchmarks
- Corporate Community Investment Practices, Motivations and Challenges [PDF] - Findings from the Canada Survey of Business Contributions to Community (see here for the executive summary [PDF])
Interested in more research on social good in Canada?
- Take a look at our blog, including our Call to Action on Youth Employment
- Read our Chief Economist's discussion paper on Charities, Sustainable Funding and Smart Growth
Renée Longo, Coordinator, Outreach and Engagement
1 (800) 263-1178 x225