Manager, Corporate Communications (bilingual) - 12 Month Contract
Manager, Corporate Communications (bilingual) - 12 Month Contract
We're a national, bilingual charity that works with and on behalf of Canada's charities, nonprofits, and social entrepreneurs to create an operating environment in which social good can thrive. We believe in a stronger Canada where charities work together, alongside business and government, to build vibrant communities. Established in 2005, our team of over 30 full-time staff are based in Toronto, Ottawa, and Montreal.
Are you known for your insights in corporate communications and brand management? Do you establish strong relationships with your colleagues and vendors, able to motivate and persuade them while being responsive to their needs? Are you someone that thrives on establishing plans and deadlines? If so, join our team!
The Corporate Communications Manager (Bilingual) is responsible for the planning and execution of Imagine Canada’s corporate communications in both English and French including the development of corporate content (e.g., annual report), overseeing internal brand management initiatives, and coordinating media relations. The successful candidate will provide communications support and counsel to a broad range of internal and external partners including the executive office, and implement strategies that enhance the value of our brand and promote the impact of the Canadian charitable sector.
This individual is collaborative and works at a fast pace to produce consistent high quality communications content that adhere to set policies and guidelines. The Manager aims to build strong supportive relationships with colleagues and organization stakeholders. They are adaptable and able to work comfortably both independently and as part of a team.
Reporting to the Director, Product Management & Innovation and working in an integrated manner across departments, the Manager, Corporate Communications (Bilingual) will:
- Coordinate the end-to-end planning, development, and production of corporate communications materials such as the annual report, brand guidelines, research reports, etc, with internal resources and external suppliers (creative agencies, designers, printers, etc.).
- Perform as project manager for assigned campaigns, monitoring the budget and timeline throughout the initiative and leveraging the skills of other team members as appropriate.
- As needed, research, write and edit content suitable for multiple formats depending on the project and resources assigned (blogs, print materials, website, email, social media, etc.).
- Ensure the measurement and evaluation of communications content and deliverables.
- Provide expert communications and branding advice and support to Directors and Managers in the planning and communicating of projects, programs and campaigns, and assist with the development of editorial schedules.
- Manage organization brand assets and ensure brand guideline adherence by internal and external audiences.
- Perform customer and trend research to understand how various audiences perceive the brand and sub-brands.
- Working closely with Manager, French Language Services, ensure effective localization and translation of corporate communications.
- Work closely with internal and external stakeholders, implement initiatives that increase the adoption and positive affiliation of our Standards Accreditation and Caring Company Trustmarks.
- Support department and program leads in ensuring that sub-brands are seamlessly integrated with and are reflective of the overall corporate branding and messaging.
- Target internal communications needs, improving internal systems and processes that support the effective usage of our brand by internal team members.
- Working in tandem with colleagues and our external PR firm when necessary, develop and execute effective media releases and corporate announcements that secure audience interest and generate positive response from our stakeholders.
- Manage media relationships and coordinate interviews with executive office to positively position and profile Imagine Canada, our partners, and the charitable sector.
- Conduct media monitoring, specifically related to the mitigation of risk and identification of opportunities related to our brand and mission, working with the executive office and management team.
- Participate in company committees, retreats, and other cross-functional initiatives that contribute to the overall success of Imagine Canada
- College diploma or University degree in a related field with 3-5 years experience in communications, project management, marketing, or public relations.
- Excellent communication skills in both English and French, particularly in writing. Mandatory bilingualism.
- Understanding of the environment in which Canadian charities and nonprofits operate and appreciation of the diversity of Canada’s charitable and nonprofit sector.
- Advanced knowledge of project management and vendor management as well as the production of content.
- Knowledge of brand management, consumer research, and public relations tactics and strategies.
- Strong attention to detail and time management skills; ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to meet new and different people on a day-to-day basis and build consensus among teams.
- Strong capacity for research, analysis and synthesis of detailed information.
- Readily lives our values: collaborative, remarkable, levity, integrity, creativity, candour.
- Has a passion for the charitable sector and thrives being a part of a systems change agent.
- Balances an intense drive to influence Canadians and improve brand awareness with the need for attention to detail, risk mitigation, and adherence to deadlines.
- Is extremely comfortable collaborating with distributed team members using a wide variety of technologies, cloud-based tools, and solutions.
- Thrives on helping others make communications useful, relevant, and timely, and is something of a project management geek.
- Terms of Employment: Full time / 12 Month Contract (Mat Leave)
- Location: Toronto, Montreal, Ottawa, or remote
- Travel to Toronto (if located in Ottawa, Montreal, or remote) will be required several times per year
- Annual Salary Range: $52,000 - $85,000 per annum commensurate with experience
- Deadline: September 18, 2019, 11pm ET
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line “Manager, Corporate Communications (Bilingual)” outlining why you are interested in the position as well as highlighting your relevant experiences.
Imagine Canada welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
No faxes or phone calls, please. We thank all interested applicants; however, only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted.