Data Management Assistant
Data Management Assistant
Imagine Canada works alongside other charitable sector organizations — often in partnership with the private sector, governments and individuals in the community — to ensure that charities continue to play a pivotal role in building, enriching and defining our nation. We offer programs and provide resources that help strengthen charities and their operations, so they can, in turn, support the communities they serve.
The data management assistant will support data management and content creation for Grant Connect, Imagine Canada’s online fundraising platform. There will be weekly training and supervision by the coordinator, data management, as well as the manager, digital product. Grant Connect connects non-profit organizations across Canada with funding to sustain and grow their services. This position is ideal for a student or young professional looking to gain data management and analysis experience in the nonprofit and/or technology sectors.
- Support Imagine Canada’s data management coordinator in the auditing and quality control of thousands of funder records to ensure the data’s reliability.
- Edit, update, and add database records.
- Collaborate with the data management coordinator and digital product manager on solutions for improving the data management process.
- Assist with researching new funding opportunities for inclusion in the Grant Connect database.
- A passion for diving into large datasets and managing complex databases.
- Knowledge, experience, and/or interest in fundraising and the non-profit sector.
- Proficient with database tools like Excel and Google Sheets, and comfortable with content management systems, with an ability to quickly master new technologies.
- Detail-oriented and conscientious with a proven ability to deliver timely, high-quality results.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Self-sufficient, self-motivated, self-aware, trustworthy, and accountable.
- Resourceful and determined team player with a positive work ethic.
- Professional and astute, but also personable, approachable, and easy to work with.
- Working knowledge of French preferred but not required.
- Readily live our values: collaborative, remarkable, levity, integrity, creativity, candour
- Have a passion for the charitable sector and thrive on being a part of a systems change agent.
- Be part of a growing national organization in a collegial environment with a dynamic group of dedicated staff and volunteers.
- Opportunity to support and contribute to leadership for the entire charitable and nonprofit sector.
- Organizational leadership is forward-thinking, entrepreneurial, and supportive, operating in an environment of integrity, good humour, and collective commitment to achieving long-term goals.
- Terms of Employment: Temporary (5 months) and part-time (15 hours per week), with the possibility of renewal and/or increased hours.
- Salary range: $18 per hour
- Location: 65 St Clair Avenue East, Toronto ON, with the opportunity to work remotely depending on circumstances
- The staff working language is English, though bilingual applicants are encouraged, and may be eligible for compensation premiums.
- Deadline for Applications: January 17, 2020
Imagine Canada offers meaningful opportunities to make an impact in Canadian communities. We are committed to fostering a culture that exemplifies our staff values.
- Collaborative: We believe different perspectives create great things.
- Integrity: We are principled professionals who embrace trust and honesty.
- Levity: We take our work seriously and fuel it with moments of joy and good humour.
- Creativity: We create using our resourcefulness, ingenuity, and imagination.
- Candour: We communicate with a truthful and sincere frankness.
- Remarkable: We produce quality work that turns heads.
Please send your resume and answers to the three questions below to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line, Data Management Assistant.
What interests you in this role?
Why are you a good fit for this role?
What’s your favourite data management/analysis tool and why?
No faxes or phone calls, please. We thank all interested applicants; however, only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Imagine Canada welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.