Digital Experience Manager - Job Ad
We are looking for a new team member who will be responsible for recommending and executing digital strategy at Imagine Canada, in pursuit of the organization’s stakeholder engagement, sector advocacy, and financial goals.
Imagine Canada works alongside other charitable sector organizations — often in partnership with the private sector, governments and individuals in the community — to ensure that charities continue to play a pivotal role in building, enriching and defining our nation. We offer programs and provide resources that help strengthen charities and their operations, so they can, in turn, support the communities they serve.
This individual will work in collaboration with others across the organization to ensure that all digital activity is strategically aligned and cohesive. If you’re right for this role, you are a collaborative hands-on technology and marketing specialist who enjoys working across internal teams and external vendors to turn business needs into digital solutions. You are comfortable in balancing the human side of marketing like storytelling and community mobilization along with data driven insights and analytical expertise. You enjoy process improvement, distilling needs into requirements, and are adept at the balancing act of backlog management.
Business Analysis and Project Management (50%)
- Monitor and manage assigned English/French bilingual digital properties, addressing issues and ensuring proper infrastructure, security and privacy, documentation, and related technological requirements are met.
- Manage external vendors to help facilitate any systems maintenance required for ongoing support of relevant digital systems or development of new functionality.
- Consult departments and team members to refine backlog of digital user stories to schedule, track, communicate, and support the prioritization of online improvements based on feedback.
- Put metrics in place to assess and report on online programs using analytics and assist with developing stakeholder/user insights for key segments, identifying opportunities in alignment with organization goals and initiatives.
- Leverage a variety of tools (wireframes, workflow diagrams, prototypes) to communicate, refine, and validate website requirements with key stakeholders.
- Work closely with others to ensure that all new components are tested and perform according to the standards put in place.
- Consult and report on progress of projects, providing timeline and budget impacts, responding quickly as priorities shift and new needs emerge.
Advertising and Content Marketing (30%)
- Support the development and execution of website content and messaging, and in collaboration with others, optimize the website adhering to best practices in UX design and using effective SEO tactics.
- Support the development of a cross-channel contact nurturing process and of digital campaigns, coordinating work alongside channels owners and content creators to execute tactics.
- Manage search and conversions tags / pixels for Google and other CPC-based advertising platforms, and optimize online campaigns through Google Adwords, Facebook, Pinterest etc. ads to increase company and brand awareness and purchase.
- Run test, tests and more tests.
Internal Support and Collaboration (20%)
- Participate on cross-functional teams with the goal of ensuring consistency, quality, and timeliness of messaging across various online platforms, and understanding the customer experience strategy across all digital channels and how they incorporate with offline channels.
- Collaborate with organization departments to review technologies and upgrades proposed by others that would affect user experience and the ongoing maintenance of digital properties, and advise on implications (budget, schedule, risks) of proposed changes.
- Cultivate and develop relationships with Imagine Canada departments and initiatives to understand overall organization objectives and audience needs in order to identify opportunities to identify opportunities to complement their outreach or marketing programs.
Competencies & Values
- Excellent communication skills - verbal, written, visual; able to successfully communicate technical information to non-technical audiences and business information to technical audiences.
- Proven success in cultivating trusting relationships with an engaging and supportive end-user service style.
- Excellent problem solving ability with sound judgment and discretion.
- Strong attention to detail and time management skills; ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated flexibility and willingness to do what it takes to get the job done, a calculated risk-taker.
- Drive and desire to learn and grow both technical and functional skill sets; have an "I don't know everything, but I can learn anything" attitude.
- Ability to inspire a positive work environment and help champion quality, innovation, teamwork and service to the business.
- Ability to work autonomously and as a member of a team in a fast-paced, professional environment, managing multiple priorities.
- A post-secondary degree in a relevant field: Information Technology, Business Administration, Economics, Marketing, Fundraising, Public Administration, or other relevant educational qualifications.
- 2+ years of relevant experience in related digital role(s), ideally with experience or advanced knowledge of IT project management, business analysis, product management, or experience as a product owner.
- Adept understanding of the process of front end development cycle (UX, UI) and knowledge/appreciation of back end development (database architecture, systems administration).
- Previous experience reporting on digital metrics to cross-functional teams and executing digital marketing tactics (e.g., paid media, email marketing, digital social media, e-commerce).
- Experience in a sales, fundraising, political advocacy, and/or public relations environment.
- Exposure to and basic understanding of collaboration tools like Slack, InVision, Zoom, Teams, and JIRA.
- French language written comprehension.
- Understanding of the environment in which Canadian charities and nonprofits operate and appreciation of the diversity of Canada's charitable and nonprofit sector.
- Terms of Employment: Full time / Permanent
- Location: On-site at 65 St Clair Avenue East, Suite 700, Toronto, Ontario, M4T 2Y3, with a flexible work-from-home policy
- Deadline for Applications: Applications are due March 8, 11:00PM EST.
- Salary range: $52,000 - $78,000 per annum commensurate with experience
Imagine Canada offers meaningful opportunities to make an impact in Canadian communities. We are committed to fostering a culture that exemplifies our core values.
- Collaborative: We believe different perspectives create great things.
- Integrity: We are principled professionals who embrace trust and honesty.
- Levity: We take our work seriously and fuel it with moments of joy and good humour.
- Creativity: We create using our resourceful, ingenuity, and imagination.
- Candour: We communicate with a truthful and sincere frankness
- Remarkable: We produce quality work that turns heads.
We offer an attractive compensation package that encompasses a competitive salary and generous benefits, and the opportunity to development within your career.
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com using the subject line, “Digital Experience Manager”. No faxes or phone calls, please. We thank all interested applicants; however, only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Imagine Canada welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.