Manager, Customer Data & Solutions
Manager, Customer Data & Solutions
The Manager, Customer Data & Solutions will play a critical role in ensuring that business users across Imagine Canada have access to timely, relevant, and actionable customer and operational information and are able to effectively leverage our data and technology assets to better engage with and serve our diverse stakeholder groups (e.g., customers, donors, partners, allies, etc.).
The role will be primarily focused on day-to-day administration of Imagine Canada’s Salesforce instance (30+ users) and related applications, in addition to the integrations between Salesforce and our other digital platforms. While overseeing core system administration, you will be the point person for user adoption and support, as well as ongoing system customization and optimization. The role will also be responsible for overall quality assurance and management of Imagine Canada’s customer and constituent data assets.
The ideal person for this role is someone who is able to blend their technical expertise, business acumen, and empathy to develop effective and scalable solutions for users across our diverse business units (e.g., social enterprise, network building, fundraising, public advocacy, finance, etc.).
Reporting to the Director, Customer Experience & Operations, the Manager, Customer Data & Solutions will:
Salesforce Ecosystem Administration (60%)
- Execute the day-to-day configuration, support, maintenance, and improvement of our Salesforce instance, and related applications (e.g., Mailchimp, Chargify, Eventbrite, etc.).
- Work with business users across the organization to gather and analyze their needs, propose and validate appropriate solutions that leverage Salesforce functionality, including UI/UX improvements, changes to our data model, automated workflows, and integrations with other systems.
- Lead the implementation of improvements to our Salesforce instance and related applications, including project planning, budget monitoring, QA testing, and change management.
- Receive, manage, prioritize, and respond to internal user requests, while cultivating a positive support experience.
- Play a key role in developing and evolving our short- and long-term CRM and IT strategies.
- Keep up to date with Salesforce releases and best practices to inform and recommend system and process improvements.
- Lead the development and management of lean documentation across all stages of the solution development life cycle (e.g., system configuration, user stories, business rules, data dictionaries, process diagrams, etc.)
- Develop, deliver, and maintain training and documentation to grow user adoption and satisfaction across all business units.
- Build and manage productive and cost-effective relationships with external vendors (e.g., software vendors, Salesforce developers, etc.).
- Develop dashboards and reports that facilitate and maximize the use of internal data in decision-making and planning.
Data Quality Management (30%)
- Support complete and accurate data entry into enterprise information systems by developing and implementing systems and protocols, and training staff to use established procedures.
- Play a lead role in the creation, enablement, and monitoring of all processes used for customer data creation, translation, and extraction, including processes to track, prevent, and correct errors.
- Regularly address data quality and process issues first-hand (e.g., merge duplicate records, add missing data into required fields, QA automations and integrations, etc.).
- Gain and maintain a deep understanding of the data produced by various customer/constituent information systems (e.g., Salesforce, Chargify, CanadaHelps, New/Mode), as well as the evolving information needs of internal end users (e.g., customer intelligence, business performance reporting).
- Lead the development, implementation and reporting on data quality initiatives, starting with a Salesforce data quality management program.
- Maintain industry knowledge in the areas of business intelligence, CRM, marketing automation, behavioural segmentation, AI, data governance/quality management, etc.
- Support broader ongoing improvements to the policies, processes, tools, technology, and systems that underlie the effective and efficient delivery of customer experiences at Imagine.
- Participate in company committees, retreats, and other cross-functional initiatives that contribute to the overall success of Imagine Canada.
- Post-secondary training in a relevant discipline, such as computer science, engineering, information science/informatics, or a combination of relevant training and work experience.
- Minimum 2 years of experience as an administrator of a Salesforce instance.
- Comfortable coordinating with developers on Salesforce related projects; experience with sandbox environments.
- Solid foundation in Salesforce report builder, dashboard creation, and DataLoader; proficient in process builder and other admin style workflow tools.
- Experience with the Salesforce Lightning environment; experience in Lightning transitions a bonus.
- Demonstrated experience working with Salesforce integrations (AppExchange, via API, or middleware like Workato or Zapier).
- Experience soliciting, gathering, and analyzing user input and requirements.
- Excellent diagramming and documentation skills. Sharing previous samples of your work would be a bonus.
- Salesforce certification(s) would be an asset.
- Knowledge of and comfort with SDLC, lean, agile, and other software development philosophies, practices, and tools would be an asset.
- Direct experience using Chargify, Mailchimp, New/Mode, Zoom, or Workato would be considered advantageous but not essential.
- Basic knowledge and/or experience building and/or manipulating databases, including working knowledge of SQL or Python would be considered an asset.
- An understanding of the environment in which Canadian charities and nonprofits operate and appreciation of the diversity of Canada’s charitable and nonprofit sector would be considered an asset.
- Excellent communication skills - verbal, written, visual; able to successfully communicate technical information to non-technical audiences and business information to technical audiences.
- Proven success in cultivating trusting relationships with an engaging and supportive end-user service style.
- Excellent problem solving ability with sound judgment and discretion.
- Strong attention to detail and time management skills; ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated flexibility and willingness to do what it takes to get the job done.
- Drive and desire to learn and grow both technical and functional skill sets; have an "I don't know everything, but I can learn anything" attitude
- Ability to inspire a positive work environment and help champion quality, innovation, teamwork and service to the business.
- Ability to work autonomously and as a member of a team in a fast-paced, professional environment, managing multiple priorities.
- All Imagine Canada staff (30+ located in Toronto, Montreal, and Ottawa/Gatineau)
- Digital marketing team
- IT coordinating team
- Salesforce consulting/development partner
- Consulting/development partner(s) for Imagine Canada proprietary applications
- 3rd party CRM-related application vendors
We're a national, bilingual charity that works with and on behalf of Canada's charities, nonprofits, and social entrepreneurs to create an operating environment in which social good can thrive. We believe in a stronger Canada where charities work together, alongside business and government, to build vibrant communities. Established in 2005, our team of over 30 full-time staff are based in Toronto, Ottawa, and Montreal.
- Be part of a growing national organization in a collegial environment with a smart group of dedicated staff and volunteers.
- Attractive compensation package that encompasses a competitive salary and generous benefits.
- Opportunity to engage with a variety of thought leaders from charities and nonprofits across the country collectively working toward common goals.
- Opportunity to learn leading practices and emerging trends in the charitable sector.
- Leadership is forward-thinking, entrepreneurial, and supportive operating in an environment of integrity and collective commitment to achieving long-term goals.
Imagine Canada offers meaningful opportunities to make an impact in Canadian communities. We are committed to fostering a culture that exemplifies our employee values:
- Collaborative: We believe different perspectives create great things.
- Integrity: We are principled professionals who embrace trust and honesty.
- Levity: We take our work seriously and fuel it with moments of joy and good humour.
- Creativity: We create using our resourcefulness, ingenuity, and imagination.
- Candour: We communicate with a truthful and sincere frankness.
- Remarkable: We produce quality work that turns heads.
- Terms of Employment: Full time / Permanent
- Location: Toronto, Montreal, or Ottawa
- Annual Salary Range: $58,300 to $79,600
- Deadline - External: Friday, November 22, 2019 (11pm ET)
Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com using the subject line “Manager, Customer Data & Solutions” outlining why you are interested in the position as well as highlighting your relevant experiences.
No faxes or phone calls, please. We thank all interested applicants; however, only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Imagine Canada is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and accessible environment for all employees. Please let us know if you require accommodations during the interview process.
Feel like you can’t tick all the boxes above? If you have some of the skills and experience that we’re looking for and are willing to use your talent to learn the rest, we encourage you to apply!