Coordinator, Customer Success Oct 2020
The Coordinator, Customer Success will be responsible for ensuring that customers of Imagine Canada’s social enterprises - primarily Grant Connect and the Caring Company Certification program - are deriving maximum value from our products and services, that we are acting as partners in their success, and that we are constantly learning from them to inform product and service improvements. The ultimate goal for this role is not only customer retention, but well-served, highly engaged, and long-term advocates of our products and services.
The focus of this role will be roughly 75% on customer success for Grant Connect and 25% on customer success and program coordination for Caring Company Certification.
As a resident expert on these services, this role will be a front-line, day-to-day point of contact for customers across the country. Daily activities will include monitoring and triaging incoming inquiries from leads and customers, assisting customers with hurdles large and small, relaying customer feedback to internal team members, coordinating internal working groups, compiling and analyzing customer data to improve user experience, and supporting the development and execution of tactics to increase user adoption and success (e.g., writing how-to guides, developing and delivering training webinars, etc.).
Reporting to the Manager, Digital Products, the Coordinator, Customer Success will:
Account Management / Customer Service (70%)
- Own overall relationship with assigned customers in good standing, including ensuring retention, increasing engagement, and maintaining high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Provide exceptional front-line service to customers of Grant Connect (75% of focus) and the Caring Company Certification (25% of focus) by receiving, responding to, and/or escalating incoming inquiries ranging from basic (e.g., product/service information, user provisioning) to complex (e.g., addressing technical training needs, assessing the compliance of customers with Caring Company Certification guidelines).
- Maintain timely, accurate and relevant records on customer relationships in all appropriate systems and in compliance with data quality standards.
- Provide administrative support to the broader team involved in customer operations, including assistance with general inbox and phone line monitoring, order processing, scheduling, data integrity, and reporting.
Program Coordination (10%)
- Enable administrative and tactical discipline for our Caring Company Certification team - e.g., maintain tools for assigning, scheduling, and monitoring progress on Caring Company applications; coordinate internal review meetings; notify team of upcoming deadlines or changes to a client relationship; etc.
- Support special projects related to extending and enriching the Caring Company Certification value offering.
Customer Success Marketing Support (10%)
- Support collaborative efforts with Marketing, Sales, and Product Management teams in identifying, developing, delivering, and improving scalable initiatives that result in measurable improvements across the customer journey, including increases to customer acquisition, onboarding, adoption, and long-term retention. Activities may include developing support content, designing and delivering in-person and online training, writing blogs/social posts, etc.
- Support ongoing research on customer success best practices and trends, especially in the SaaS and certification/accreditation industries.
- Assist in the planning, implementation, and execution of event operations and reporting.
- Increase the profile of Imagine Canada by participating in industry events and hosting online presentations.
- Proactively identify opportunities for continuous improvement to policies, processes, tools, technology, and systems that underlie the effective and efficient delivery of customer experiences at Imagine.
- Maintain knowledge of trends, best practice, research, and influencers in the charitable and nonprofit sector with particular attention to fundraising, operations, and governance, in order to be able to effectively understand the needs of target customer groups and opportunities for Imagine Canada.
- Participate in company committees, retreats, and other cross-functional initiatives that contribute to the overall success of Imagine Canada.
- 2-3 years experience in customer support/success, sales, fundraising, nonprofit operations, corporate community investment, and/or marketing.
- Excellent communication skills - verbal, written, visual - with the ability to clearly convey information and ideas to diverse stakeholder groups.
- Demonstrated flexibility and willingness to do what it takes to get the job done.
- Drive and desire to learn and grow both technical and functional skill sets.
- Strong attention to detail and time management skills; ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Understanding of the environment in which Canadian charities and nonprofits operate and appreciation of the diversity of Canada’s charitable and nonprofit sector.
- Strong interest in the areas of fundraising and corporate community investment.
- Ability to work autonomously and as a member of a team in a fast-paced, largely distributed/digital professional environment, managing multiple priorities.
- Ability to meet new and different people on a day-to-day basis and to quickly form high-trust relationships.
- Ability to represent Imagine Canada in a warm, friendly, and professional manner, and put others at ease.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to shift from task to task quickly, and maintain a strong sense of urgency.
- Excellent problem solving ability with sound judgment and discretion.
- Experience using Salesforce, Google Drive, and fundraising software such as Raiser’s Edge would be advantageous, but not essential.
- The primary language for this role is English; proficiency working in French will be considered an asset.
We're a national, bilingual charity that works with and on behalf of Canada's charities, nonprofits, and social entrepreneurs to create an operating environment in which social good can thrive. We believe in a stronger Canada where charities work together, alongside business and government, to build vibrant communities.
- Be part of a growing national organization in a collegial environment with a smart group of dedicated staff and volunteers.
- Attractive compensation package that encompasses a competitive salary and generous benefits.
- Opportunity to engage with a variety of thought leaders from charities and nonprofits across the country collectively working toward common goals.
- Opportunity to learn leading practices and emerging trends in the charitable sector.
- Leadership is forward-thinking, entrepreneurial, and supportive operating in an environment of integrity and collective commitment to achieving long-term goals.
Imagine Canada offers meaningful opportunities to make an impact in Canadian communities. We are committed to fostering a culture that exemplifies our employee values:
- Collaborative: We believe different perspectives create great things.
- Integrity: We are principled professionals who embrace trust and honesty.
- Levity: We take our work seriously and fuel it with moments of joy and good humour.
- Creativity: We create using our resourcefulness, ingenuity, and imagination.
- Candour: We communicate with a truthful and sincere frankness.
- Remarkable: We produce quality work that turns heads.
- Target Start Date: January 1st, 2021 at the earliest
- Terms of Employment: Full time / Permanent
- Location: Anywhere in Canada (a stable internet connection is required; Imagine Canada’s workforce is distributed by default, though we currently maintain physical workspace in Toronto and Montreal)
- Annual Salary Range: $42,400 to $55,200, plus health/dental benefits + Group RSP
- Deadline - November 10, 2020 - 12pm Eastern
Send your (i) resume and (ii) answers to the questions below to email@example.com using the subject line “Coordinator, Customer Success”:
- What interests you in this role?
- Why are you a good fit for this role?
- Tell us about a recent customer service experience you’ve had that stands out in your memory (either positive or negative). Tell us about the experience and why it has stayed with you.
No faxes or phone calls, please. We thank all interested applicants; however, only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Imagine Canada is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and accessible environment for all employees. Please let us know if you require accommodations during the interview process.
Feel like you can’t tick all the boxes above? If you have some of the skills and experience that we’re looking for and are willing to use your talent to learn the rest, we encourage you to apply!