Assistant, Communications (Bilingual)
The Assistant, Communications (Bilingual) supports the creation and implementation of bilingual marketing communications plans, campaigns, and activities across all our program and service areas: Public Policy and Advocacy, Research and Insights, Membership, Grant Connect, Standards Program, and Caring Company Certification.
The position plays an important role in developing original, compelling, and accessible copy that helps Imagine Canada expand and deepen its engagement with our diverse, B2B stakeholder groups, including charity leaders and practitioners, policy decision-makers, and business community investment practitioners. The role helps implement our communications activities across web, email, and social platforms.
If you have excellent writing skills in both French and English, are collaborative by nature, and seek to deepen your digital marketing and communications knowledge and skills in service of a stronger Canadian nonprofit sector, then we would love for you to join the Imagine Canada team.
Reporting to the Manager, Marketing & External Relations (Bilingual), the Assistant, Communications (Bilingual) will:
- Under the direction of senior team members, attend strategy/concept meetings with program and service leads to understand their marketing communications objectives, key results, target audience(s), desired channels, brand considerations, and timelines.
- Convert creative/concept briefs into compelling bilingual copy for diverse channels and content formats including, but not limited to: blog posts, news releases, reports, web microcopy, email blasts, newsletters, drip campaigns, and social media posts.
- Coordinate with internal colleagues to solicit and incorporate feedback to further refine and finalize copy.
Web & Email Campaign Support (30%)
- Build, test, and update web-based and digital content.
- Build and test email marketing campaigns, including newsletters, drip campaigns, and email blasts.
Social Media Support (20%)
- Develop and schedule social media content, ensuring a steady and appropriate mix of high quality content that aligns with our social media strategy.
- Monitor social media accounts for leverageable opportunities to increase engagement or respond to emergent stakeholder needs.
- Liaise effectively with teams across Imagine Canada to ensure alignment, integration, and high quality execution of campaign activities and deliverables.
- Provide a range of ad hoc marketing and communications support, including general research, file organization/management, and translation pipeline management.
- Participate in company committees, retreats, and other cross-functional initiatives that contribute to the overall success of Imagine Canada.
Please note that this role requires a complete command of written and spoken French and English. Preference will be given to candidates with a proven track record of French-first marketing and communications work. Language skills will be tested during the interview process. We are seeking candidates with complete fluency in both official languages.
- 1 year or more experience in a professional environment carrying out bilingual copywriting, marketing, advertising, journalism, knowledge mobilization, and/or communications activities.
- Ability to write strong, succinct copy in English and French that is grammatically correct.
- Strong research skills that ensure all copy is correct and accurate.
- Ability to quickly and accurately understand the needs of internal and external stakeholders, and proactively seek out and implement feedback to improve work.
- Capable of translating at times technical information and ideas into compelling and accessible copy for diverse stakeholder groups.
- Understanding of, or interest in, digital copywriting and digital marketing techniques including copywriting, email marketing, social media, and web/SEO.
- Strong attention to detail and time management skills; ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to thrive at both independent and team work, in a fast-paced, largely distributed/digital professional environment, managing multiple priorities.
- Demonstrated flexibility and willingness to do what it takes to get the job done.
- Excellent problem-solving ability with sound judgment and discretion.
- Drive and desire to learn and grow both soft and functional/technical skill sets.
- Understanding of the environment in which Canadian charities and nonprofits operate would be an asset.
- Experience using content management systems, HTML, Mailchimp, Buffer, Google Adwords, and Canva would be advantageous, but not essential.
We're a national, bilingual charity that works with and on behalf of Canada's charities, nonprofits, and social entrepreneurs to create an operating environment in which social good can thrive. We believe in a stronger Canada where charities work together, alongside business and government, to build vibrant communities.
- Be part of a growing national organization in a collegial environment with a smart group of dedicated staff and volunteers.
- Attractive compensation package that encompasses a competitive salary and generous benefits.
- Opportunity to engage with a variety of thought leaders from charities and nonprofits across the country collectively working toward common goals.
- Opportunity to learn leading practices and emerging trends in the charitable sector.
- Leadership is forward-thinking, entrepreneurial, and supportive operating in an environment of integrity and collective commitment to achieving long-term goals.
Imagine Canada offers meaningful opportunities to make an impact in Canadian communities. We are committed to fostering a culture that exemplifies our employee values:
- Collaborative: We believe different perspectives create great things.
- Integrity: We are principled professionals who embrace trust and honesty.
- Levity: We take our work seriously and fuel it with moments of joy and good humour.
- Creativity: We create using our resourcefulness, ingenuity, and imagination.
- Candour: We communicate with a truthful and sincere frankness.
- Remarkable: We produce quality work that turns heads.
- Target Start Date: April 26, 2021
- Terms of Employment: Full time (35 hr/week) / Contract (12 months)
- Location: Anywhere in Canada. A stable internet connection is required; Imagine Canada’s workforce is distributed by default, though we currently maintain physical workspace in Toronto and Montreal.
- Annual Salary Range: $43,200 to $46,700, plus health/dental benefits + Group RSP
- Deadline: March 17, 2021 - 11:59pm (ET)
Send your (i) resume and (ii) answers to the questions below written in both French and English to email@example.com using the subject line “Assistant, Communications (Bilingual)”:
- What interests you in this role and why are you a good fit?
- Tell us about your favourite email newsletter, website, or social media account or campaign, whether you experienced it as a consumer or you participated in creating?
Please note that this role requires a complete command of written and spoken French and English. Preference will be given to candidates who have a proven track record of French-first marketing and communications work. Language skills will be tested during the interview process.
No faxes or phone calls, please. We thank all interested applicants; however, only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Imagine Canada, as a national organization representing a diverse sector, has embarked on an anti-racism organizational change process and is committed to diversifying its team. We particularly encourage applications from Black people, Indigenous people, and people of colour, people with disabilities, members of the LGBTQ2+ community and those with varied areas of expertise and lived experiences. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Feel like you can’t tick all the boxes above? If you have some of the skills and experience that we’re looking for and are willing to use your talent to learn the rest, we encourage you to apply!