Call for Nominations: 2021 Canada’s Volunteer Awards
The call for nominations for Canada’s Volunteer Awards is currently open, and we encourage you to nominate a not-for-profit organization, an individual, a group of volunteers, a social enterprise or a business that is making a difference in their community. By nominating an individual or an organization to Canada’s Volunteer Awards, you are helping to raise awareness of the vital role that volunteers play in strengthening communities across Canada. Nominations will be accepted until March 4, 2022.
Twenty-one awards in five categories
There is one national award:
- Thérèse Casgrain Lifelong Achievement Award: for individuals who demonstrate exceptional achievements through volunteering for at least 20 years
Four regional awards (awarded in 5 regions):
- Emerging Leader: Youth aged 18 to 30 who have demonstrated community leadership
- Community Leader: Individuals or a group of volunteers who have taken a lead role in developing solutions to social challenges in their communities
- Business Leader: Businesses that demonstrate social responsibility in their practices, as well as for profit and not-for-profit social enterprises dedicated to creating social, cultural or environmental benefits for their communities
- Social Innovator: Recognizes the contributions of not-for-profit organizations, including not-for-profit social enterprises that find and use innovative approaches that address social challenges in their communities
The recognition package for award recipients includes a $5,000 or $10,000 grant to be awarded to the not-for-profit organization of the recipient’s choosing.
We all play a role in recognizing volunteers. That person or organization in your community that you admire for their inspiring work? Nominate them for an award today!
Would you like to play a role in the selection process?
Canada’s Volunteer Awards is a program for Canadians and by Canadians. We offer leadership volunteer opportunities for qualified individuals to play a key role in the assessment of nominations by acting as a Regional Reviewer (RR). RRs assess nominations from their region in order to select the top-ranked candidates for final consideration. If you are interested in serving as a Regional Reviewer, please contact us at Infoemail@example.com or 1-877-825-0434.