About Imagine Canada
Imagine Canada works alongside other charitable sector organizations — often in partnership with the private sector, governments and individuals in the community — to ensure that charities continue to play a pivotal role in building, enriching and defining our nation. We offer programs and provide resources that help strengthen charities and their operations, so they can, in turn, support the communities they serve.
About the Opportunity
We are looking for a new team member who will be responsible for recommending and executing digital strategy at Imagine Canada, in pursuit of the organization’s engagement and revenue goals.
This individual will work in an organization-wide capacity – most closely with the I.T., Social Enterprise, and Strategic Communications groups – to ensure that all digital activity is strategically aligned and cohesive. They will be a hands-on digital and marketing specialist who works across internal teams and external vendors to turn business needs into digital solutions. The Manager wll be comfortable in balancing the human side of marketing like storytelling and community mobilization, rooted in consumer psychology, along with data driven insights and analytical expertise.
Monitor, report on, and manage our English/French bilingual digital properties, working closely with Information Technology to manage issues and ensure proper infrastructure, security and privacy, documentation, and related technological requirements are met.
Put metrics in place to assess and report on online programs using analytics and online tests in order to identify and pursue opportunities for improvement (SEO, lead conversion, social media influence) in alignment with organization goals and initiatives.
Recommend strategies and implement approved changes that maximize self-service adoption and engagement, capture and convert visitors, drives a strong digital NPS, and contain costs.
Develop web standards, processes, and quality assurance programs that adhere to best practice and provide a strong overall user experience.
- In collaboration with others, oversee external vendor relationships and projects that achieve the organization’s digital objectives.
- Leverage a variety of tools (wireframes, workflow diagrams, prototypes) to communicate, refine, and validate requirements with key stakeholders.
- Coordinate the overall integration plan of new deployments to ensure the right sequencing of change from a dependency, a technology and user experience stand point.
- Work closely with others to ensure that all new components are tested and perform according to the standards put in place.
- Consult and report on progress of projects, providing timeline and budget impacts, responding quickly as priorities shift and new needs emerge.
- Participates on cross-functional teams with the goal of ensuring consistency, quality, and timeliness of messaging across online platforms.
- Collaborate with organization departments to review technologies and upgrades proposed by others that would affect user experience and the ongoing maintenance of digital properties, and advise on implications (budget, schedule, risks) of proposed changes.
- Cultivate and develop relationships with Imagine Canada departments and initiatives to understand overall organization objectives and audience needs in order to identify opportunities to leverage digital strategies.
- Act as a subject matter expert for digital marketing initiatives and emerging technologies.
Experience and Qualifications
- A post-secondary degree in a relevant field: Information Technology, Business Administration, Economics, Marketing, Fundraising, Public Administration, or other relevant educational qualification. Advanced degree or additional relevant certification preferred.
- 3+ years of relevant experience in related role(s).
- Adept understanding of front end development (UX, UI) and knowledge/appreciation of back end development (database architecture, systems administration).
- Project management experience, preferably using agile methodology as well as experience with traditional approaches.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to persuade and influence.
- Entrepreneurial and user-first thinking.
- Experience in a sales, fundraising, and/or public relations environment.
- Thrives in a rapidly changing, diverse and highly consultative environment.
- A minimal level of French language written comprehension to understand elementary points of information such as dates, numbers and names to perform routine job-related maintenance tasks.
- Experience in photography, video editing, graphic design and brand management.
- Understanding of the environment in which Canadian charities and nonprofits operate and appreciation of the diversity Canada’s charitable and nonprofit sector.
Terms & Conditions
- Terms of Employment: Full time / Permanent
- Location: On-site at 65 St Clair Avenue East, Suite 700, Toronto, Ontario, M4T 2Y3
- Deadline for Applications: Applications are due September 24, 11:00PM EST.
- Collaborative: We believe different perspectives create great things.
- Integrity: We are principled professionals who embrace trust and honesty.
- Levity: We take our work seriously and fuel it with moments of joy and good humour.
- Creativity: We create using our resourcefulness, ingenuity, and imagination.
- Candour: We communicate with a truthful and sincere frankness.
- Remarkable: We produce quality work that turns heads.
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line, “Digital Experience Manager”. No faxes or phone calls, please. We thank all interested applicants; however, only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Imagine Canada welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.